Friday, October 21, 2011

Life's a journey

I went for dinner with the two English guys, Taylor and Callum, that were in the dorm with me. W found a place with a bunch of different foods, so we just ordered a few different things and all shared.
The difference between Ho Chi Mhin and any city in Cambodia is crazy! I would have never expected such a change in such a small distance! It was so much more modern and built up. 
We went to the war museum the next day and then later Callum and I met up with Mark, a guy who's couch I'd asked to surf, for dinner. He was an English teacher there, so he and some of his teacher friends took us to a small place to eat that was local and cheap. It was the best food ever for under $1!
We spent the next few days wandering around the markets and the city and chilling. We met another girl who's travel companions were leaving and she was looking for a place to stay, so we told her to come to our dorm. 
She did and the next day we decided that we would go to Dalat together. 
The bus ride to Dalat was supposed to be 6 hours, but it ended up taking more like 9, but it didn't matter because I've come to love bus journeys. Just sitting there, having no idea what will be on the other end of your journey and watching the different landscapes as they pass by you.

No comments:

Post a Comment