Asia was definitely one of the most unexpected, unpredictable, and unrepeatable experiences of my life so far, but one of the best!
I expected it to be fun, but I could never have expected to fall in love with it the way that I did. I figured that 4 months would be plenty enough time and I expected to be able to cross it off my list once I left, only to find myself putting it back on my list, wishing that I had more time to spend there.
Though it was not always easy. There were times when I was alone, feeling sick, or wondering why I would ever decide to make a trip like this on my own, but now, after all is said and done, I know that it was my destiny to go and am so happy for sticking it out completely! I have gained so much more knowledge and independence from this experience. I always thought that I was independent, but in this time learned how to not fear doing things, such as having an meal alone, and even really appreciate being on my own. Had I done one thing differently, my entire trip would have had a completely different outcome.
I have seen so much, gained more knowledge than I even knew was possible and met so many great people from all over the world. This trip has turned out to be, not only a trip of a lifetime, but a lifetime, itself, all within a short trip. Something that I will never forget and never regret.
Though I find the things I've seen, and places I've been stunning, but what I find most amazing are all of the different people that I've met and shared these experiences with. Some have become close friends, others have just passed by, but weather we spent a few hours chatting, traveling together for weeks, or living in the same town for a few months, I've created some memories with these people that I would not trade for anything. Each person, weather it be big or small, has made some kind of impact in not only my travels, but in my life.
So to all those people, I have only one thing left to say. Thank you.
To anyone who reads this; I hope that you got some entertainment out my journey throughout southeast Asia. If you haven't already, and you get the opportunity to go one day, take it! Live it for yourself! It's the best advice that I can give.
Well said!!
ReplyDelete