I think it’s pretty fair to say, that in the past few months, I’ve been slacking on my blog. Though it has been some time, I will now finish so that I am not, in my dad’s words, ‘stuck in Bangkok’.
After Vanessa left, I had to wait a few days in Bangkok before getting my visa for Burma.
Burma was, by far, one of my favorite places that I’ve been so far in this life of mine. I fell in love with it the moment I got there.
Since taxis are usually ‘expensive’, I found 3 people, Tom, Billy and Sara, that were all traveling together and asked them if I could share a taxi with them. They had basically the same schedule as me, (or lack there of) and were flying back to Bangkok on the same day as me, so I decided to tag along with them for awhile.
It’s funny how you can see the differences between the countries as soon as you leave the airport. Even compared to the other countries that I had been to, Burma seemed to be about 20 years behind, in the cars and everything. But I loved it.
We stayed the first night in Yangon where we visited the Shwedagon temple. It was amazing and so peaceful!
At the temple, Billy met a local guy who told him that he would help us find a ticket to Began for the next day. We took a local bus to get to the ticket place. The bus was absolutely packed. I had no place to stand except for squished up against one of the windows. ½ way through the bus journey, the window behind me smashed. I felt so graceful. Only the fist day in the country and already destroying everything!
One street that we walked down was full of fortune tellers, so we all agreed that we would get our palms read, but by different people. The only thing I remember about mine was that he said I was good at saving money, which happened to be true in that situation, since I paid the least amount to get my palm read. The rest of the stuff was pretty normal stuff that you would imagine coming from a palm reader. All except for Tom, that is. His fortune, seemed to the only unique one. While the rest of us got pretty cliché and positive readings, his guy told him that he was not good with money, (maybe true, he spent the most on his reading), he didn’t like people and that he was destine to loose an, an ear, get in an accident AND that his life was 60% over! Then the guy was so worried about Tom’s bad fortune that he gave him a candle to burn every night, telling him if he did so it might somehow help.
No comments:
Post a Comment