Koh Phangan is most famous for 2 things; beautiful beaches and it's crazy full moon party every month.
The beaches were in fact nice, but it was hard to compare after Railay. We were able to find a nice hut to stay in right on the beach a little bit away from the main beaches on the island.
Most of the time we were on the island, it was overcast. The first day, we got a taxi to take us to Sunrise Beach, one of the most famous beaches on the island.
We were on there for a few moments before a guy came up to us trying to convince us to go on his 'amazing snorkeling tour. Free lunch. Best one on the island.'
He won. We didn't have anything planned for the day besides going to the beach and since it was a bit overcast anyway, why not?
The boat was a bit rickety. They seemed to be fixing up so something or another as we were driving along the entire time and the 'on board bathroom' consisted of a tiny wooden box with a sheet covering the front in which, if you stood up strait, your head would poke out the top. You literally had to climb on in.
They took us to a few different places that are hard to reach otherwise. First to a waterfall that we had to hike out to and then to a few different nice beaches. On one of the beaches, the only things besides us were one horse, 2 dogs, a few chickens and the old lady that lived there.
We didn't see too many fish while snorkeling besides the usual, but as soon as we got out, we spotted a huge, white, jellyfish fluffing about in the water. I think I was a bit relieved that I didn't see it until after I as already out of the water.
After we got back, we went to the night market to eat. A majority of the time, I had no idea what it was that I was eating, but it was really good and really cheap. I splurged a little and bought dinner, a drink and dessert. I was feeling a little guilty about spending so much on one meal until I calculated it out and realized that my total had come to just under$2.
No comments:
Post a Comment