The next day, we wanted to see the north side of the island, so set out to find a taxi to take us there.
A very hyper looking young man came up to us offering us a taxi. He seemed very rushed and really determined.
We got in and as soon as we started going, wee realized that maybe he wasn't the best choice. He was a complete lunatic. In all my years of living, I've never rode with a crazier driver! He would whip around blind corners, driving into oncoming traffic, passing cars with hardly no leeway. this was not a normal taxi either. Most of the taxis on the island are just basically a pickup truck with two benches stuck in the back and a canopy cover.
In the brief moment where I thought my life could possibly come to an end that day, I looked over at the taxi citification paper that was taped onto the window. Unless he'd recently undergone some major plastic surgery in the recent past, the guy in the picture was most definitely NOT the guy who as inside the truck, driving us around the island.
The guy in the picture was an older looking chap, bald on top with a thick mustache. Someone who could possibly be seen as a high school teacher.
I have never been more happy in my life to set my feet on solid ground that I was the moment the taxi stopped.
We spent the rest of the day walking back down the road to where we came from, stopping along the way at different beaches that we passed.
No comments:
Post a Comment