Neither of us liked Vientiane too much and we were coming back down before leaving to Thailand for Vanessa's flight and running out of time, so we only stayed one night.
It was Halloween. We managed to gather up a few other travelers and search for a Halloween party. We found one, but it was nothing compared to Halloween in the states. A few people put a wig or some wings on and called it dressing up.
The bus to Luang Prubang was supposed to take 8 hours, but ended up taking 19 instead. My longest bus ride yet. We did get a free meal, though, so nothing to complain about.
Around midnight, the tire popped. After they got it switched and got going again, I fell asleep. When I woke up, we were at a bus station. I figured it was probably just a bathroom stop, so I fell back asleep again. The next time I woke up, we were still there. Thinking that it'd probably been just about 10 mins, I went to sleep again. This time when I woke up again, I knew there must have been a problem. It was already light out and our bus was scheduled to arrive around 5am.
Turns out the bus had been broken down for 4 hours and we had to wait for another. It took awhile, but it was a free tour of the beautiful countryside that we would have otherwise missed out on.
No comments:
Post a Comment