After a year of living in Germany, I have really come to love everything about it (maybe besides the crappy summer). I realize how lucky I've been to have had this great experience; With the job, the location, my host family, my friends and everything. I wouldn't want anything to be different.
For my last night in Oldenburg, my host family had a BBQ for me. A few friends came by and Dieter finally got back from Ecuador. It was a great evening. We sang. We danced. We rode the horse. A perfect way to end a perfect year.
It was a bit hard to say goodbye to everyone, but I do know that I will be back someday and that I will see them again, if not in Germany, somewhere else in this world. It's a small world after all. As they say in German, Mann trifft sich immer zweimal im Leben (you always meet twice in life). I have come to believe, that if you want the saying to be true, it will be true. If you really want to see someone again, you will make an effort to do so and you will see them again, weather it be after a few months, a few years or even 50 years down the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment